Tomorrow 2nd of March is the big day: Microsoft Ignite 2021 begins at 17:30 CET! It will be two (long) days of learning, networking and riding the hype. While we all would love to see in person this March event is fully virtual and thus really inclusive for everyone due to lack of travel or other costs. Everyone can register in – Microsoft Ignite is free of charge like it was in September.
⭐First stop: go to https://myignite.microsoft.com/ and register to the event if you haven’t done already !
⭐ Build your schedule using Session Catalogue. Don’t be afraid to add sessions to your backpack for later watching. Several sessions are happening at the same time – pick the ones you want to see online and for the rest check out repeats and on-demand versions later.
⭐ Make sure to install AltSpace VR in advance so you can attend Satya Nadella Keynote at 6:30 PM EET. You don’t need a VR/AR headset since 2D viewing is possible.
Download AltspaceVR from the Windows Store and sign into Satya Nadella Keynote in it already!
Make sure you use AltSpace VR with the Microsoft Account linked to the Microsoft Ignite 2021.
⭐ Don’t miss other keynotes! There are several on Tuesday following Satya Nadella Keynote but there are also keynotes in Wednesday!
The easiest way to add keynotes to your schedule is to use filtering. This is also recommended for other sessions and products as well: slice it down to your interest areas and add sessions to your schedule or to the backpack so you don’t miss them out!
⭐Be active at Twitter with hashtag #MSIgnite and enjoy the event!
Microsoft Teams sessions not to miss
The quickest way to get a good view of Microsoft Teams sessions at the event is to take a look a the brochure:
👈 Here is a small snippet from Teams Session brochure: Check out at least keynote sessions like
⭐The hybrid workplace,
⭐The latest innovations with Microsoft Teams and
⭐Easy, intuitive webinars with Microsoft Teams: Virtual engagement in the age of remote work.
My sessions at Microsoft Ignite 2021
You can find me in four sessions at Microsoft Ignite 2021:
- Speaker at Microsoft Ignite: “Leave me alone – I know what I’m doing!” #Fignite
Wednesday, March 3 | 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM EET
- Speaker at Table Talk: Future of Community Events
Thursday, March 4 | 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM EET
- Q&A team member: Ask the Experts: Easy, intuitive webinars with Microsoft Teams: Virtual engagement in the age of remote work
Wednesday, March 3 | 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM EET
- Q&A team member: Easy, intuitive webinars with Microsoft Teams: Virtual engagement in the age of remote work Wednesday, March 3 | 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM EET
More tips and learning
Check out my good friend Chris Hoard’s post about prepping up to Microsoft Ignite 2021 – there are more sessions you should be interested to add to your own catalogue and also very useful tips and tricks how to get though the Microsoft Ignite without online fatigue!
After the event: join my recap webinars
I am speaking in three webinars about Microsoft Teams news/announcements/roadmaps after Microsoft Ignite 2021 Spring closes. All these are free of charge but pre-registration is required.
- 5th of March at 8am CET : Road to Ignite: Microsoft Ignite 2021 Sulava Recap with Kimmo Bergius. Recap Microsoft Ignite of news and announcements. English.
- 10th of March at 9am CET: Microsoft Teams Spotlight- Recap / Road to Ignite 2021 Edition – all essential news and announcements about Microsoft Teams – with demos when possible. English.
- 11th of March at 8am CET: Finnish version of Microsoft Teams Spotlight – Recap / Road to Ignite 2021 Edition . Relevant only if you understand Finnish.